The HugMee is a support sling which is used immediately after the gentle sectio in the operating theatre. The HugMee was especially developed for the natural caesarian (gentle sectio), also called the family-centred caesarian. The HugMee allows mother and child to stay together safely and undisturbed skin-to-skin immediately after the birth. In the first period after the birth the HugMee can also be used at home.
Skin-to-skin contact: The Golden Hour or The Secret Hour
Skin-to-skin contact immediately after the birth is essential for the child’s bonding. Certainly the first hour after the birth. This hour is also called ‘The Golden Hour’ or ‘the Secret Hour’. It is the time when the basis is laid for a healthy socio-emotional, cognitive and motor development of the baby. In this light it is crucial that mother and child get the time and the rest to get to know one another. Scientific studies conclusively show that uninterrupted skin-to-skin contact has advantages for both the mother and the child.
The advantages of the HugMee:
- it is fully adjustable, and therefore the baby can be positioned very well.
- the baby lies safe and warm with the mother.
- immediately after birth undisturbed skin-to-skin contact is possible.
- it offers a safe transfer of the mother with the baby from the OR table to the hospital bed.
- there is a cut-away on the back for the epidural.
- There are two openings for the hands to touch the baby.
- A foot pocket ensures safety and security.
- It is washable at high temperatures.