The HugMee is a support sling which is used immediately after the gentle sectio in the operating theatre. The HugMee is especially developed for the natural caesarian (gentle sectio), also called the family-centred caesarian. The HugMee allows mother and child to stay safely together and provides undisturbed skin-to-skin contact immediately after birth. In the first period after birth the HugMee can also be used at home.
Skin-to-skin contact: The Golden Hour or The Secret Hour
Skin-to-skin contact immediately after birth is essential for the child’s bonding. Especially the first hour after birth. This hour is also called ‘The Golden Hour’ or ‘The Secret Hour’. This time contributes to healthy socio-emotional, cognitive and motor development of the baby. This is why it is crucial that mother and child get the time and rest to adapt to each other. Scientific studies conclusively show that uninterrupted skin-to-skin contact has advantages for both mother and child.
The advantages of the HugMee:
- it is fully adjustable, and therefore the baby can be positioned very well.
- the baby lies safe and warm with the mother.
- immediately after birth undisturbed skin-to-skin contact is possible.
- it offers a safe transfer of the mother with the baby from the OR table to the hospital bed.
- there is a cut-away on the back for the epidural.
- there are two openings for the hands to touch the baby.
- a foot pocket ensures safety and security.
- it is washable at high temperatures.